Without wills, whatever assets are in the estates are divided according to state law, not according to your preferences. Unwritten preferences are not given deference by the courts. If your parent tells you that she wants you to have everything, you need to bring in an attorney to get her wishes in writing and get her will properly executed. Otherwise, you will likely be dickering with your siblings about possessions that you believe are yours.